Welcome to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center Education Foundation's Space Camp scholarship application portal!
Scholarship applications for 2021 Space Camp, Cyber Camp and Aviation Challenge summer camps open September 14, 2020, and close November 6, 2020.
2021 Space Camp Scholarship Timeline
- Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (CT) November 6, 2020.
- All applicants will be notified by 6 p.m. (CT) February 10, 2021.
Travel to Huntsville, AL, and incidentals are not covered by a scholarship.
Scholarships are available for Space Camp, Space Academy, Advanced Space Academy, Aviation Challenge Mach I, Mach II and Mach III, and Cyber Camp. Applicants must be age 9-18 and in grades 4 through 12. Full scholarships cover tuition, room and meals for summer six-day weeklong, individual camp programs and are valid for one year. Transportation and incidentals are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient.
Scholarships for Space Camp and Aviation Challenge Camp are available for both international and U.S. applicants.
Spaces for U.S. Cyber Camp are limited, and scholarships are available to only U.S. students.
Space Camp Robotics or Robotics Academy scholarships will not be available for the 2021 summer season.
Applicants may apply in one of three categories– Spirit, Financial Need, or Special Needs. Applicants is all categories must:
- Answer an essay question in detail (30 points.)
- Design and describe a mission patch, (20 points) that highlights the applicant’s achievements, goals and inspirations. This component includes a written description (10 points) explaining the patch. The patch may be hand-drawn or created electronically.
- Describe a science project using the scientific method or engineering design process. (30 points). The description of the project must include photos that support the project description. The project can be one that was done at home, but it must include photos, which are worth up to 10 points.
- Upload a copy of a recent report card or enrollment/attendance verification from your school.
In addition to the four required documents, each category has specific requirements:
- Spirit - applicants in this category must have excelled academically or demonstrated exceptional leadership during the pandemic. Your application must emphasize leadership or community service, particularly in the essay and the mission patch drawing and description.
- Financial Need/Disadvantaged - applicants in this category must either be in a low-income family or be receiving government assistance. This answer can be provided within the application.
- Special Needs - applicants in this category must have a learning challenge and/or physical challenge and be able to attend the six-day weeklong, individual camp without a parent or guardian. To qualify, submit a letter from a teacher, parent, guardian or physician stating the applicant has a learning and/or physical challenge but can participate without a parent or guardian.
For questions about scholarships, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical assistance with your account or application email email@example.com.
For Alabama residents:
Updates regarding 2021 scholarship opportunities for Alabama students, Space Academy for Leading Students in Alabama (SALSA) and educators, Alabama Space Academy for Educators (ALSAE) will be posted here in November 2020.
If you are a full time educator in a public school system in the state of Alabama, you are eligible to apply for an ALSAE scholarship. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
If you have questions about the SALSA program for Alabama middle school students, please email email@example.com.
Application Instructions for Space Camp, Aviation Challenge and Cyber:
To begin a scholarship application, click the "Register" button highlighted green at the top of the page. Please create an account on the next page. The email address used to create the account will be used for all communication regarding application. Next check the email address for a confirmation email with link to verify account. If you are prompted an account already exists, you may use this account provided all contact information is current.
After your account has been verified, click view programs or scroll down to Programs on homepage. Under the heading, Space Camp Scholarship Application 2021, click "more." On the next page click "Apply." The next page is your application dashboard showing your account number at the top. Tasks are listed in order. All categories need to complete Space Camp Scholarship application (first task) before completing category specific information. Click "Mark as Complete" to finish and save a section of your application. Note**you will only have access to the category you selected in application.
You may save and return to the application as necessary. When all sections of the application are complete and all supporting documentation has been uploaded, return to your dashboard and click submit. A message box will ask you to confirm submission. You MUST click your response in order to complete your submission. Once you have successfully submitted your application, an automatic confirmation email will be sent. No changes or additions are allowed after submission.
Please use one of the following browsers when working on your application: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 9 or greater.